Rostrum is the official magazine of the National Speech & Debate Association. Each school year, the magazine provides the speech and debate community with news, scholarly articles, and national updates published in the months of September, November, February, April, and August.
Share your message with:
- 3,500 High Schools
- 600 Middle Schools
- 5,200 Coaches
- 140,000 Students
- 30,000 Copies per Year
- 26,000 Online Views
- 5,000 Copies per Issue
Extend your reach at the National Speech & Debate Tournament:
- 7,000 Attendees
- 6,500 Tournament Books are Distributed to Coaches and Teachers
- 7,000 Access the National Tournament App from their 中国体彩官方app苹果Phone or Device
We can design your ad!
It’s quick, easy, and affordable. For $125, we will create a beautiful, print-ready ad just for you! (Note: Copy and images to be provided by the advertiser. Purchase of stock photography or illustrations are not included in ad fee. Photo editing or special effects may incur an additional fee.)
We’re here to help! Email Nicole Wanzer-Serrano for more information.
- Submissions need to have current significance to the high school speech and debate community, including coaches, competitors, and judges.
- Submissions must be free from religious or political bias or favoritism toward a certain region or school.
- Submissions may not be inflammatory, libelous, or discriminatory toward any group based on race, culture, nationality, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, or socioeconomic status.
- Submissions should be written in English and free from grammatical errors or misspellings.
- Submissions should provide APA or MLA citations for references. Please consult the most recent edition of the MLA or APA guidebook for guidelines.
- Submissions must include a proper title. Subtitles are also acceptable.
- Submissions must not have been submitted previously or simultaneously to other publications, except in cases of express consent from the Association’s Executive Director. Permission from the other publisher/organization may also be required.
- Submissions may be returned for revision or correction before they are published. In such circumstances, it is the responsibility of the author to return the corrected piece in a timely manner.
- Submissions will not be returned to the author, except for revision. All submissions become the property of the National Speech & Debate Association.
- Authors will not be paid for their submissions.
- Article submissions are generally 500 words (1-page article) to 1,250 words (2-page article) in length. Authors may be required to edit or condense longer articles. Authors planning to submit longer articles should contact the Association with an outline or article summary for approval first.
- Authors should include a short (1 to 2 sentence) biography to accompany their submissions. The biography may include coaching/competitive experience in speech and debate, as well as educational or professional background information.
- The Association may request a high-resolution (300 dpi or equivalent Adobe PDF, JPG, TIF) author headshot photo, if an article is selected for publication.
- The Association does not guarantee if or when a submitted piece will be used.
- Articles should serve a non-commercial purpose.
2019-中国体彩官方app苹果 Submission Deadlines
Articles will be considered for an upcoming issue if received by the following dates:
- 2019 September/October issue – August 15, 2019 (Tentative Theme: Your Voice, Our Mission)
- 2019 November/December issue – October 1, 2019 (Tentative Theme: Small/Rural Schools)
- 中国体彩官方app苹果 January/February issue – December 15, 2019 (Tentative Theme: Classroom Edition)
- 中国体彩官方app苹果 April/May issue – February 15, 中国体彩官方app苹果 (Tentative Them: Advocacy)
- 中国体彩官方app苹果 February/March Rostrum
- 2019 November/December Rostrum
- 2019 September/October Rostrum
- 2019 August Rostrum – Nationals Chronicle
- 2019 April/May Rostrum
- 2019 February/March Rostrum
- 2018 November/December Rostrum
- 2018 September/October Rostrum
- 2018 August Rostrum – Nationals Chronicle
- 2018 April/May Rostrum
- 2018 February/March Rostrum
- 2017 November/December Rostrum
- 2017 September/October Rostrum
- 2017 August Rostrum – Nationals Chronicle
- 2017 Spring Rostrum
- 2017 Winter Rostrum
- 2016 Fall Rostrum
- 2016 Summer Rostrum
- 2016 Spring Rostrum
- 2016 Winter Rostrum
- 2015 Fall Rostrum
- 2015 Summer Rostrum
- 2015 Spring Rostrum
- 2015 Winter Rostrum
- 2014 Fall Rostrum
- 2014 Summer Rostrum
中国体彩官方app苹果 February/March Rostrum